Description of the Experience
Discover the lovely hill-station of Matheran in this one day road trip from Mumbai. Located about 80 km from ear.One unique aspect of Matheran is that it is probably the only town in India that has put a ban on vehicles beyond a point - Dasturi Park. From here one needs to walk on the road along the railway tracks or hire a horse or hand-pulled rickshaw that takes you to Matheran. Thanks to the proper conservation of nature, at Matheran nestled in the Western Ghats - You feel like you're in the lap of nature.Few popular tourist attractions in Matheran are Panorama Point, Echo Point, Sunset Point, Chattrapati Shivaji's Fort, Louisa Point, Monkey Point and The Mall Road. Things to do here include horse riding, riding on hand-pulled rickshaw, nature walks and even biking.There are few nice restaurants here serving local as well as other popular cuisines including pure vegetarian ones. Mumbai, Matheran is a unique and beautiful getaway for nature lovers and others alike which has been declared an Eco-sensitive zone by the Indian Ministry of Environment and Forest. The tranquility and old-world charm of this place attracts tourists all round the year.
- Take a tour of the serene hill station of Matheran from Mumbai in a comfortable vehicle
- Get enchanted by Matheran environment which is considered as an eco-sensitive zone
- Travel with a well-experienced driver in the comfort of a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Best way to travel from Mumbai to Matheran
checkTransportation using Private Air-conditioned Car
checkPickup and drop-off from Mumbai residence or Hotel Driver and fuel charges
clearMonument entrance fees, to be paid directly at the monuments
clearToll and Parking fees
Meet up point
- Hotel Pickup And Drop-off in Mumbai City
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking.
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- Full refund will be issued for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to the activity.
How to use
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity
- The voucher is only valid on the date specified upon check out
- Toy train timings are uncertain but if you want to take it then stop at Neral Station from where you can board the Toy Train going to Matheran. The Toy train takes about 2 hours to reach Matheran
- The air conditioner will be switched off in hilly areas
- The guests may choose to skip or add a new place to the itinerary
- The pick-up and drop point should be the same
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar. SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar
- Night charge of Rs. 300 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- The tour has a kilometer limit of 300 kilometers
- After 300 kilometers, additional per kilometre charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver)
- The toy train does not operate during the monsoon season (from June 15 to October 15)