Description of the Experience
Meet your host- a warm and welcoming localite who will demonstrate how to prepare Bengali cuisine. She lives in an elegant, modern apartment with a garden terrace. Share a traditional Bengali tasting menu served on beautiful hand-painted terracotta plates with matching bowls for curries. Dishes may include pulao (fragrant saffron-flavored rice), dal (yellow mung lentils spiked with mango-flavored ginger and cumin), beguni (crispy eggplant fritters), alu jhinge posto (potatoes, zucchini, and yellow pumpkin cooked with a poppy seed paste), chingri malai curry (aromatic coconut cream prawns), bhetki paturi (sea bass coated with a mustard paste and steamed in banana leaves). For dessert, you might try payesh (Bengali style rice pudding flavored with cinnamon and sweetened with date palm sugar) or another fantastic dishes. Enjoy a delicious meal while learning about Bengali culinary and cultural heritage. Please note, your host is not a professional chef, rather this experience is a visit into an authentic, local home to meet a local person and share the culture and cuisine together.
- 2-hour traditional Bengali meal in a private home in Kolkata
- Head to a local home in Kolkata for a delicious meal prepared by your host
- Experience some of the culinary traditions of West Bengal
- Try several Bengali dishes and learn about the ingredients
- Includes meal with drinks and dessert
checkLunch or Dinner
clearHotel pickup And Drop-off
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking.
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to the activity.