Description of the Experience
This tour will bring you through the cultural capital of India, Kolkata (Calcutta), with its temples and sites of devotion as well as its sprawling streets and markets.The tour begins with the Jain Temple also known as the "Jewel Box Temple of Calcutta". This temple of exquisite design and construction is dedicated to the 10th of the 24 Jain Tirthankaras and is an ornate mass of mirrors, colored stones and glass mosaics.The visit proceeds to the settlement of Kumortuli, where the idols used during the many vibrant festivals of the city are made. Observe the amazing skills of artisans and craftsman, making idols without using machinery.The visit continues to Marble Palace (closed on Monday & Thursday), situated in north Calcutta. the Palace hosts a collection of statues and original paintings including works of Rubens and Sir Joshua Reynolds. Proceed to College Street - one of Asia's largest book market - , have a cup of coffee at the famous "Coffee Shop" where one can see the young turks gossiping and feel the pulse of the culture.On the latter half of the day the tour moves to the Missionaries of Charity (closed on Thursday). This is where Mother Teresa lies in peace;The tour will end with the visit of Kali Temple, situated at Kalighat: a great pilgrimage center of the Hindus built around 350 years ago.
- Visit the Jain Temple with its dazzling colored stones
- See artisans craft potter and clay in charming Kumortuli
- See the Marble Palace with its incredible array of details
- Visit the humble home of Mother Teresa and learn more
checkHotel Pick up and drop
checkTransportation in ac car
checkEnglish Speaking guide
checkDriver allowances and Fuel charges
Meet up point
- Hotel Pickup And Drop-off
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking., In the event where, if you do not receive an email from us, please check your spam folder or notify us via email.
- Full refund will be issued for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to the activity.
How to use
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity
- Footwear must be removed outside the temple, but socks may be worn