Description of the Experience
Discover a land of passionate mysticism and spiritual faith, reflected in the diversity of temples of Kolkata, and explore the Land of the Goddess Kali on a full-day sightseeing tour. The excursion dips a toe into Kolkata’s blend of sanctified buildings, representing the major faiths of Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.Following a pick-up from your hotel, drive by air-conditioned vehicle to the Kali Temple in Kalighat, one of the oldest neighborhoods of South Kolkata. Consecrated to the goddess Shakti, the temple is visited by Hindus from all over India, who treat it as their mother.Continue to the Calcutta Jain Temple, a complex of 4 temples dedicated to Jainism, one of the world’s most ancient religions. Admire the mirror-inlaid pillars of the Pareshnath Jain Temple, and the beautiful fountains and reservoir full of fish.The next temple on your tour is the majestic Dakshineswar Kali Temple on the eastern banks of the Hooghly River. Built by a Kali devotee and philanthropist in 1855, the striking building boasts 12 shrines to Shiva. Cross by boat to Belur Math, notable for fusing Hindu, Christian, and Islamic motifs. Look out for dolphins in the river as you cross. Continue to the Maa Sarada Temple and shrine of Ramakrishna Dev at Belur Math, and soak up the serene atmosphere of the Ganges, before crossing back to Dakshineswar Kali to return to your hotel.
- Explore the Hindu and Jain temples of Kolkata
- Go to the ornate Kali Temple in the historic Kalighat district
- Wander the complex of temples at the Jain Temple of Kolkata
- Learn about one of the world's oldest religions
- Enjoy the serenity of the Dakshineswar Kali Temple
- Cross the Hooghly River looking for dolphins
- Admire the blend of Hindu,Christian and Muslim architecture at Belur Math
checkTransportation by air-conditioned car
check100% verified passionate English-speaking amigo
checkParking and admission fees
clearFood And Drinks
Meet up point
- Hotel Pickup And Drop-off
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking., In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to the activity.
How to use
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity
- Remove your shoes at the place of worship