Description of the Experience
Kicking off at sundown, meet your guide before heading north to a district known for having the best places to eat in Kolkata. The intellectual heart of the city, Sovabazar and Shyambazar are hotbeds of philosophical and political discourse. Here the Bengal revolutionary fighter Subhas Chandras Bose is more famous than Gandhi and the people are passionate about their rights and independence. Starting with a tropical lassi, you'll meander through the calm residential streets taking in sights and picking up tasty titbits on the move. Discover how local people chill out and relax after hours and what they like to nibble on when doing so. Snacking all the while, the tour circumambulates the largest municipal swimming baths you'll ever see, offering local Bengali's a refreshing dip in the sweltering heat of summer. Back on College Street it's a hop, step and a jump onto the oldest tram in Asia to continue the journey. Finish in the old book district with Indian favorites like sandesh, sherbet soda and a trip to a grand old smoky coffee house for a final taste in the faded splendor of the British Empire. Note: Street food vendors take time off too, so we can’t promise every Kolkata food tour will be the same, but fear not, the day will always be packed with good stuff.
- Experience 5-6 different Bengali dishes and drinks
- Ride the subway, vintage tram, bus and rickshaw to get from stop to stop
- Discover the history and culture of Bengal away from the tourist crowd
- Join an expert local guide who has grown up in Kolkata
- Come away with a deeper understanding of the city
check4-hour guided walk through the backstreets of Kolkata
checkA ton of tastings at hidden street eateries
checkLearn about the history and culture of Bengali cuisine
checkGreat photo opportunities
checkRefreshing Indian drinks and bottled water
checkFully trained English speaking guide
checkLimited to just 8 exclusive guests each day
clearFood And Drinks(other than specified)
Meet up point
- Shyambazar, Metro Gate No 4
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking.
- In the event where, if you do not receive an email from us, please check your spam folder or notify us via email.
- Full refund will be issued for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to the activity.