Description of the Experience
Morning pick-up from your hotel in downtown Kolkata, meet your expert local amigo. Head towards the market for the shopping expedition and the first stop will be the Spice/Masala market where you will indulge in finding the secret to the mouthwatering Indian cuisines. Proceed further to the wholesale fruit market at Machua, filled with fresh fruits as well as local vendors and shoppers. Later on you will visit Burra Bazaar, meaning "big market" in English. As most of the eastern India feeds on this market, it is always busy and full of activities. Your guide will narrate you the tales of this ancient market, showcasing the best in Kolkata. If one is looking to buy products, such as textiles, cereals, food grains, spices, dry fruits, edible oils, sugar, salt or other groceries at very affordable prices, you come to the right place.Proceed to the College Street of Kolkata, famed for its books and believed to be Asia’s largest book market. The market is also known as Boi Para (Book Market) in the local language and is a testament to the widespread reading culture of the people in Kolkata. Find your favorite books along with leather items, footwear, musical instruments and many more locally made products.As the heat starts to rise, let's take a break and get a cup of coffee at a beautiful coffee house built during the British Raj. As your guide takes you through the history of this magnificent city, proceed to Kumortuli , the potter’s colony of Kolkata. You will witness craftsman making hundreds of clay idols without using any modern day machinery. These idols are molded into Gods and Goddesses and used in the temples for ceremonial rituals. Learn from your amigo the traditional significance of these clay items. After the tour is concluded, you will go back to your hotel in Kolkata.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the famous Burra bazaar and College Street of Kolkata
- indulge in a wide variety of fabrics, handloom, handicrafts, books and souvenir
- Visit Kumartuli, the traditional potter’s quarters of Northern Kolkata.
checkHotel pickup and drop-off in Kolkata downtown
check100 verified passionate local amigo
Meet up point
- Hotel Pickup And Drop-off
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking.
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to the activity.