Description of the Experience
Emperor Septimus Severus in 203 A.D. came to Byzantium to fight against a rebellion Roman Civil War. The city walls were raised to slaughter the inhabitants and bring to life an arena that focuses on chariot races and entertainment. This Byzantium holds a view to the Serpentine Column from Delphi, Obelisk from Egypt, and Fountain of Wilhelm II. The chariot race tracks are below the ground (6.6. feet) and marked as Sultan Ahmet Square. With your local Amigo take a half day tour of the Byzantium exploring the richly decorated Byzantium relics, its decoration of Izlik tiles, and head to the blue mosque or historical grand bazaar, the largest covered market in the world. Understand the architecture of the grand arena and take inspiration from the art and craft from the history.It’s a divine craft of an entertainment zone that seems to have lost its liveliness but not the grandeur.
- Guided tour through the Byzantium Hippodrome
- In-depth glimpse of the historical picks, Izlick tiles construction and architecture
- Entertainment zone, chariot races and grandeur set-up of arena long-lost with time
- Outsider glimpse to the Obelisk from Egypt, Serpentine Column from Delphi and fountain of Wilhelm II.
checkTransportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
checkEntrance fees to the museum
checkPickup from centrally located hotels in Istanbul
Meet up point
- Pick-up service from centrally-located hotels in Istanbul
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking.
- In the event if you do not receive an email from us, please check your spam folder or notify us via email.
- Full refund will be issued for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to the activity.