Description of the Experience
Get ready for an unforgettable night in Tokyo in the company of a like-minded local, seeing the city when it comes alive after dark. Whether you want to checkout some of the tiny, quirky bars in Shinjuku, go for ramen at 3am or sing your heart out at a private karaoke booth, a local will show you how Tokyo never sleeps. This experience will be personalised to your preferences but you could spend the night bar crawling through Golden Gai, an area in Shinjuku lined with narrow alleyways and packed with tiny, slightly ramshackle but buzzing bars.Hop from a tiny bar in Golden Gai to an izakaya or a tachinomiya, the standing street front bars that are synonymous with Japan’s nightlife and order some yakitori (grilled chicken skewers), a classic accompaniment to a night out in Tokyo and experience how Tokyoietes socialise with friends and colleauges!Walk around the vibrantly lit streets of the infamous Kabukicho, the red-light district of Tokyo, where you can buy girls on an iPad, watch girls in provocative outifts ride huge robots or spend the night in a love hotel. Then make your way to explore some of the historic alleyways that are steeped in tradition and dotted all over the city, where you’ll find more character than you thought could ever be squeezed in to such narrow streets.You might want to experience shamelessly singing your favourite songs at a karaoke joint at 3am or go shopping instead.End your night (or begin your morning!) like the locals do with a steaming bowl of ramen at 5am, or try another local staple at one of the many eateries which are open 24 hours a day.Get to know your Local Amigo, who can give you insider tips and ideas for how to experience the best of Tokyo by night, and recommend other yokocho, bars and eateries to visit during the rest of your stay in the city.
- Have a night out in Tokyo with a local amigo
- Bar hop through the tiny, ramshackle bars in Golden Gai or enjoy a more relaxed drink at a couple of izakaya and tachinomiya just like the locals do
- Walk around Kabukicho,Tokyo's red light district and learn about the unusual types of entertainment that one can buy in the area
- Walk along one of the many yokocho, the historic alleyways that are packed with local eateries and bars
- Sing your heart out at a traditional Karaoke venue in your own private booth
- Go shopping at 3am at one of the city's iconic shops
- End the night like the locals do queueing for ramen at 5am
- Get tips and tricks for where else to party like a local in Tokyo
checkPrivate and personalised itinerary
check4 hours in the city with a Local Amigo
checkCover charge at one bar in Golden Gai or another area of your choice
check2 beers, high-balls or soft drinks
checkWalking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
clearFood and drinks other than the ones included above
clearCover charges to additional venues other than the one included above (please see "Important Information" section below)
clearRental fees to Karaoke venues or tickets to any attractions
You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking.; In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
Full refund will be issued for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to the activity.