- Decadent afternoon tea time at The Rubens at the Palace
- Delicious array of traditional & exotic teas to choose from
- Finger sandwiches, homemade cakes & delicate pastries
- Fresh scones with clotted cream & strawberry preserves
- Views overlooking the Royal Mews of Buckingham Palace.
- checkAfternoon tea at The Rubens at the Palace
- clearAdditional food and beverages
Description of the Experience
There is no better place to enjoy this traditional English occasion than sitting back in the Palace Lounge overlooking the Royal Mews of Buckingham Palace. The pastry kitchen at The Rubens is led by our talented Head Pastry Chef, Danielle, producing the freshest pastries and cakes for our guests to enjoy. With a reputation as one of the best in London, we pay respect to the traditional of Afternoon Tea whilst incorporating fresh twists along the way. We also cater for a range of dietary requirements.
Afternoon Tea at The Rubens at the Palace
Enjoy a Traditional Afternoon Tea featuring a selection of mouthwatering finger sandwiches and delicious sweet treats including a selection of freshly baked scones served with homemade strawberry preserve and clotted cream.Sandwiches;Smoked Scottish salmon & horseradish cream cheese on beetroot bread;Coronation chicken & toasted almonds on white bread;Ham, cheese & tomato chutney on onion bread;Egg & watercress on basil bread;Cucumber & cream cheese on caraway seeded bread
SconesTraditional plain & honey & white chocolate scones served with homemade seasonal fruit preserve & clotted cream
Pastries;Gin & tonic macaron a gin & tonic is the queen’s tipple of choice. This macaron has an uncanny g&t flavour without the addition of alcohol;Lemon & elderflower cube an ode to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's baby Archie: the royal couple’s wedding cake flavours showcased in a baby box;Peach mousse grown in the orchards at Windsor Castle, peaches are queen Elizabeth ii’s favourite fruit;Earl Grey & chocolate orange crown jewels our Earl Grey cheesecake and chocolate mousse crown jewels are a homage to her majesty, the queen’s love for tea and especially earl grey tea;Seasonal Rubens eclair inspired by Prince Charles’ sustainability farming
Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free Royal Teas are also available There is a wide selection of teas to choose from to enjoy
Children under 12 get to experience the Prince and Princess Royal Afternoon Tea:
On white bread & caraway seeded bread;Strawberry jam & peanut butter;Ham & cheese;Chocolate Nutella;Cucumber & cream cheese
Traditional plain & honey & white chocolate scones served with homemade seasonal fruit preserve & clotted cream
Rubens’ lollipop;Chocolate & vanilla cupcake;Iced donuts
Meet up point
- Your service provider will contact you with further details.
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder.
- This activity is non-refundable
- No refund post booking confirmation
- If you have any unexpected reason to reschedule the tour, please notify us 24 hours in advance
How to use
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity
- The voucher is valid only on the date and time specifiedThe tour may be canceled in cases of bad weather. You will receive an email notification at least 3 hours before the scheduled meet up and full refunds will be issued.
- Afternoon Tea @ 3.00pmThe Rubens at the Palace, 39 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS
Make your way to The Rubens at the Palace Hotel for 3.00pm Afternoon Tea session. Please be there 15 minutes before.
Allergies / Dietary Restrictions:Our guest’s safety and experience in our food & beverage areas is of paramount importance and the Rubens will endeavour to accommodate all guest dietary/allergen requests. To ensure these special requests are treated with extra care there is a minimum requirement of 24 hours-notice for dietary/allergen, intolerant or other special requests. However please note that due to the nature of their business and offering we cannot guarantee 100% allergen or intolerant free recipes/dishes.
- Our guest’s safety and experience in our food & beverage areas is of paramount importance and the Rubens will endeavour to accommodate all guest dietary/allergen requests. To ensure these special requests are treated with extra care there is a minimum requirement of 24 hours-notice for dietary/allergen, intolerant or other special requests. However please note that due to the nature of their business and offering we cannot guarantee 100% allergen or intolerant free recipes/dishes.
Where the hotel has not been made aware of dietary requirements within the minimum notice period
The Rubens at the Palace reserves the right to refuse service.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior with any allergies or restrictions
Please note, you will require a printed copy of your ticket. Once booked, tickets are not refundable and dates/times can not be changed.