Description of the Experience
Start your journey at Yogmaya Temple, where your local amigo will greet you upon arrival. Wander the grounds of this impressive Hindu temple, which is believed to be one of only five remaining temples from the Mahabharata period. Enter the impressive interior and listen in as your amigo describes Phool Walon Ki Sair—the colorful festival that takes place here each year—and learn more about the goddess Yogmaya this temple is named for. Next, travel on foot to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Qutub Minar. With a towering spire stretching 238 feet (73 m) into the sky, this red sandstone and marble mosque has the tallest minaret in India. Get an up close look at the ornate exterior, which is covered in detailed carvings of text from the Quran (Koran). Depart Qutub Minar and take a 15-minute walk to nearby Mehrauli Archaeological Park. Your guided walk through the historical monuments and crumbling ruins will provide a unique look at the city’s past. Your amigo will explain the significance of the Tomb of Ghiyasuddin Balban, as well as several other key attractions in the park. Finally, ride in air-conditioned comfort in your private vehicle to the Chhatarpur Temple. Covering an area of approximately 60 acres (24 hectares), this complex is one of the largest in the nation. Learn about the South Indian architectural influences that are evident in the marble façade and explore the shrines with your local who will explain the significance of deities like Maha Gauri as you walk. Enjoy a traditional Indian meal at a local restaurant before returning to your New Delhi hotel by private vehicle.
- 5-hour walking tour of South Delhi with a private local amigo
- Hear the tale of Mahabharata on a visit to the Yogmaya Temple
- Marvel at the Hindu and Islamic elements of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Qutub Minar
- Walk through the Mehrauli Archaeological Park to see various monuments from the 13th to the 19th century
- See the second-largest temple complex in India, the Chhatarpur Temple
- Enjoy a meal at a popular local restaurant
- Choice of two different departure times to suit your schedule
checkPrivate walking tour
checkProfessional English-speaking local amigo
checkHotel pickup and drop-off
checkEntrance fees to all site attractions listed in tour description
checkLunch or dinner (depending on tour time chosen)
checkAll necessary transportation to/from site attractions
clearTips And Gratuities
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking.
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- Full refund will be issued for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to the activity.