- Experience a night trek up Skandagiri, a mountain fortress located around 70km from Bangalore
- Take in serene and sublime atmosphere of the savannah around Skandagiri will boost up your adrenaline
- Walk above the clouds as you reach the top and enjoy the bonfire in the starry night
- Experience the majestic sight of the sun rising above a bed of clouds
- See the ruined remains of Tipu Sultan's fort and an abandoned fort at the top of the hill
- See the incredible sun rise over the clouds in Skandagiri
- checkForest charges
- checkEnglish speaking guide
- checkRound trip transfers between meeting point and basecamp
- clearHotel pick up and drop off
- clearOther meal and beverages
- clearAlcoholic beverages
- clearTips and gratuities (optional)
Description of the Experience
Skandagiri, also historically known as Kalwarbetta or Kalavara Durga, is a mountain fortress located around 70 km from Bangalore. The serene and sublime atmosphere around Skandagiri will definitely boost up your adrenaline to a whole new level. This tiring yet much rewarding trek takes you through a spectacular journey amidst the wilderness. Your trip begins with a pick up from your selected meet up location Bangalore, upon which the coach will take you to the Kalavara base. You'll be able to meet your English speaking guide and learn about the tour and its precautions. Afterwards, you will commence your Skandagiri night trek after you have loosened your muscles and warmed up. As you journey up towards the peak, you can take in the uniquely serene atmosphere of the night around you. You will travel to the Papagni temple and pay respects before moving forward. With the vegetation around the trail is somewhat scanty, it may seem easy at first, but as you ascend, it starts becoming denser. You will see evidence of the savannah climate of the region as there are no trees along the trail, and instead see dense scrubs and bushes. Be mindful: you will have to cross six fascinating concentric fortification walls to reach the summit. Upon reaching the top, you will be able to relish in your success, and then start a bonfire with your team as you look below to see the twinkling lights of the villages. You can catch some sleep if you wish, but you must remember to wake up before the sun rises in order to see a spectacular scene when dawn breaks. Take as many photos of this enchanting phenomenon as you desire, watching the sun glow over the villages and foliage. You then begin your descent, and upon reaching the base, you'll find the Kalwara village campsite. Here is where you'll enjoy breakfast before departing back for Bangalore. Wake up to experience the morning winds caressing you, as you open your eyes to get the most magnanimous sight of the sun rising above beds of clouds, a sight so rare and equally refreshing. The misty valley of Skandagiri is bound to leave an everlasting impression on your mind.
Meet up point
- 11:00pm from entrance gate of Gopalan Arcade, RR Nagar
- 11:30pm from ticket counter of Banashankari Bus Stop, Kanakapura-Banashankari Road
- 11:40pm from Garden Bus Stop, Opposite to A2B Restaurant, BTM Udupi
- 12:00am from Silk Board Bus Stop, outside New Prashanth Hotel HSR (towards Marathali road)
- 12:30am from outside Kalamandir, Marathahalli
- 12:50am from opposite to Esteem Mall, Hebball
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder.
- Full refund will be issued for cancellations made 48 hours before the activity
- 25% Refund for cancellations within 48 to 24 hours of the activity
- No Refund for cancellations within 24 hours of the activity date.
How to use
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for this activity,Voucher is valid only on date and time specified
- 11:00 PM- Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 4:00 AM- Reach Base and start trekking 5kms one way
- 6:00 AM- Reach peak and relax
- 6:15 AM- Enjoy a beautiful sunrise from atop the peak
- 7:30 AM- Descend to the base
- 10:30 AM- Have Breakfast on the way
- 12:00 PM- Head back to Bangalore to give an end to this amazing journey.
- The time slots provided for pickup points are approximations and tentative, they are bound to be a little different
- Level of difficulty of the trek: Moderate
- Minimum participation age for the tour is 9 years old
- There is no child ticket, rates are same for all participants
- This tour is available for Fridays and Saturdays
- Light and comfortable clothing is recommended, with appropriate hiking shoes for a 14 hour journey
- Guests are recommended to carry personal water bottle, energy food, any personal medication, sweater/jackets for the night, flashlight or torch with extra batteries and camera
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women and guests with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Carrying jewelry or other valuables is not advisable.
- No smoking and consumption of alcohol before or during the activity.
- Plastics like chocolate wrappers, water bottles, beverages bottle, polythene covers etc, should be disposed off in dustbins or carried back to the city.