Golden Triangle Tour | Delhi –Agra – Jaipur
The Golden Triangle Tour marks the quintessential trip around the history, culture, and tradition of India. Taking you through some of the most popular places of glory, architectural insights, and vibrant culture, this tour covers three important cities of India located in three different states in one itinerary. For the first time travelers to India or to have an immersive experience of the history of India, this is indeed a pocket-friendly tour that covers up a lot in a short memorable time.
What is The Golden Triangle?
Being the repositories of Indian history and culture, the three cities – Delhi, Agra and Jaipur are labeled ‘golden’ for their insight into the time gone by. And the fact that they are so located that a tour around them forms an equilateral triangle, lends this tour the name ‘Golden Triangle’.
Delhi has been the proof of the rise and fall of some of the greatest kingdoms in India. The era of Delhi Sultanate, to the time of the Mughal rulers, British colonies and now a major hub of politics, this city holds untold stories about the greatest of wars, alliances, architecture and historical beauty. Agra is an epitome of Mughal Empirical history which draws its nuances from Islamic culture, Mughal art, and iconic sculptures. And moving forward to the time of the Maharajas, Jaipur holds a true significance bringing light to the rules of India who shaped the regal dynasties and created a lineage.
The Golden Triangle Tour is one trip that encapsulates all of the cities and their history together into one chapter to understand the glory of India!
3D/2N Golden Triangle Tour
A short Golden triangle tour of 3 days and 2 nights begins from the old Delhi or what was called as Shahjahanabad after the Mughal emperor decided on shifting the capital from Agra to Delhi in 1638. With its rich history and fast driven life, Delhi serves as the starting point of the tour.
• Day 1: The day starts with a glimpse of the stunning Mughal structures that shaped the past with their elegance and beauty. Capturing the beauty of the past with Red Fort, Chandni Chowk, Hazrat Nizammudin Dargah and Jama Masjid we march forward to the modern shopping complexes like the Connaught Place and end the day with a ride around Janpath, Rashtriya Bhawan, and India Gate. Overnight rest in Delhi in the comforts of a neighborhood hotel.
• Day 2: Early morning a private car ride from Delhi NCR takes you to the city of Agra heading straight to the UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Taj Mahal. This is an ivory mausoleum built by Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife and is an epitome of Mughal architecture with a Persian touch. After the visit to The Taj Mahal, the day is spent wandering through the Agra Streets, visiting the Agra Fort, the tomb of It’imad Ud-Daulah and tasting the local cuisine. The day ends in Jaipur city, followed by a dinner!
• Day 3: Greet the morning with a cup of tea or lassi in Jaipur. A trip to City Palace speaks volumes about the life of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. The Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal are epitomes in design, luxury, and past insights. Thereafter a short ride from Hawa Mahal, an iconic structure with inspiration from honeycomb hive, to Amer Fort, the Old Palace of the Maharaja takes place. The grandeur of this palace leaves one spellbound. After a quick dinner at Chokhi Dhani with local cuisine, the day ends with a return trip to Delhi by the night.
4D/3N Golden Triangle Tour
The 4 Days and 3 Nights Golden Triangle tour package takes a joyous ride across the three golden cities with a little more insight into the history of India!
• Day 1: The day begins with a tour of the staggering Red Fort or the Lal Qilla talking about the Freedom Movement and the flag hoisting rituals here. Walking down the lane of the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk, one gets to take glimpses of the old Delhi market with its food, spices, artifacts and more. A visit to the Jama Masjid the 17th-century towering minaret made of red sandstone. After soaking into the air of Old Delhi, the travelers take a drive through the Old Delhi Railway station, Connaught Place, India Gate (the iconic war memorial in memory of soldiers who fought in world war II), Rashtrapati Bhawan, Janpath, and on to the new markets like Karol Bagh, Gaffar Market etc.
• Day 2: The second day begins with visiting the old monuments like the Qutub Minar in Mehrauli, which is the tallest brick minaret in the World with 240-feet. Next, we head to the Humayun’s Tomb, and Purana Qilla. The day ends with a quick visit to the Dilli Haat, enjoying the local Delhi cuisine and relaxing with a spa or theatrical performance at a local theatre.
• Day 3: Early morning a private car tour to Agra takes you straight to the empirical history of Mughal rulers with a mighty visit to the Taj Mahal. Known as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, this ivory-mausoleum was built in 1632 by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. After soaking into the Persian and Mughal architecture, we take a walk of the Agra streets tasting the local sweets, snacks and buying mementos of iconic structures. Thereafter a short ride to the Agra Fort takes you to an experience of viewing Taj Mahal from a distance just like Shah Jahan would. A visit to Itmad-Ud –Daulah, follows short after being an iconic structure made by Shah Jahan. A quick dinner and the day end with relaxing in Agra hotel.
• Day 4: A morning trip from Agra to the pink city begins with a halt at Fatehpur Sikri, to visit the Buland Darwaza and Fatehpur Sikri Place, both known to be iconic places built by Emperor Akbar. After reaching Jaipur city, we head straight to the City Palace to get a glimpse into the life of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. The palace with its grandeur of Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal is a must visit. Thereafter we take a ride through the Hawa Mahal witnessing one of the iconic structures with honeycomb hive-like appearance. Head over to the Amer Fort known to be the old capital of the Maharaja and a grand palace with inspiring art and design. Visit the Nahargarh Fort and Jal Mahal to understand the grand lives of the rulers here. End the day with a trip back to Delhi.
5D/4N Golden Triangle Tour
The 5 Days and 4 Nights Golden Triangle Tour is a comprehensive guide into the three popular cities of India! It digs into the history, culture, and lives of the Mughal Rulers, British settlements and the Maharajas in complete detail.
• Day 1: The trip begins with a sightseeing tour around some of the most popular monuments in Delhi. From the Red Fort in old Delhi, Hazrat Nizammudin Dargah, Jama Masjid, Raj Ghat (Cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi), to the India Gate, and drive across the President’s House, Government Secretariat Buildings and Parliament House the day is full of visiting the prominent places. A quick drive to Old Connaught place, which includes tasting food in Old Delhi and exploring the cheapest market in Delhi – Karolbagh and Palika Bazar!
• Day 2: A trip to the Mughal structures like the Humayun’s Tomb, Purana Qilla and Qutub Minar in Mehrauli. Thereafter, a short ride to the local markets with insights into modern life! The evening is spent watching a theatrical play at a local theatre or rejuvenating in a spa. After a quick dinner, it’s time to rest for an early trip the next day.
• Day 3: After having conquered Delhi, the travelers head to Agra with their local amigo which is a 4 hours ride from Delhi. Travelers are free to take a halt at Brindavan and Mathura (The birthplace of Lord Krishna) and visit the temples before reaching Agra. The Agra city is rich in Mughal history and architecture. The first visit is to The Taj Mahal, the iconic epitome of love, UNESCO World Heritage Site and proof of the brilliance of Mughal Architecture. Thereafter, the local sightseeing tour begins by covering the Red Fort of Agra, Fatehpur Sikri, Dayal Bagh, and Itmad-Ud –Daulah (the first Mughal Architecture in India).
• Day 4: Leave from Agra early morning for Jaipur city. A short halt 40kms away from Agra at Fatehpur Sikri to witness the grandeur of Buland Darwaza, the highest gateway in the World built during the reign of Emperor Akbar. Alongside a tour around the architectural marvel of the Fatehpur Sikri Palace!
Jaipur, the pink city is the final destination for the Golden Triangle Tour. With a royal touch and an immersive Rajasthani Culture, Jaipur is a city that holds a lot of history from the Maharaja times. Visit the Amber Fort (once known to be the capital of the state) and thereafter visit the Sheesh Mahal, or ascend on a Jeep Safari. Built by Maharaja Jai Singh, this city has a notable history going 200 years into time. The evening is reserved for a visit to Chokhi Dhani that takes the travelers through an immersive experience of Rajasthani culture, food, and music in a confronted environment.
• Day 5: Morning begins with a tour around the Maharaja’s City Palace, one of the iconic places to witness the life of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. The Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal are centered for an insider glimpse into the lives of Maharaja. A drive through the iconic Hawa Mahal with a local guide explains the beauty and story behind the iconic structure of Jaipur. An immersive experience of the local streets of Jaipur with insight into culture and history! The trip ends with a drive back to Delhi.
From the Mughal times to the Indian royal culture and back into the era of a modern style of living – the Golden Triangle Tour is indeed a journey into the pages of History and back. It takes you through some of the mighty structures, iconic escapades, Mughal wars, and India’s political capital.