Golden Triangle refers to the majestic cities of India, namely – Delhi, Agra and Jaipur that forms a triangle on the map of India. The most popular tourist circuit in India – the triangle unfolds its cities’ cultural uniqueness. Let us embark on this journey by following the itinerary recommended below
Golden Triangle Itinerary : 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Day 1 : Arrive at Delhi. The rest of the day can be spent at leisure OR you can stroll through circle of Connaught Place – Delhi’s strikingly upbeat neighborhood inclusive of funky restaurants, thumping pubs and a variety of shopping options.
Overnight at Delhi
- Day 2 : The exploration of the city begins! Visit – India Gate, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Lotus Temple, Qutub Minar and Jama Masjid. The city tour for the day unravels the historical heritage of the city.
Overnight at Delhi
- Day 3 : Proceed to Agra – the city in Uttar Pradesh keeping its priceless gem – The Taj Mahal. Upon arrival at Agra you may explore – the iconic Taj Mahal and Agra Fort.
Overnight at Agra
- Day 4 : How about heading to another quintessential town?! Proceed to Fatehpur Sikri – a founded capital the Mughal emperor Akbar. You may discover – Jama Mosque, Tomb of Salim Chisti, Diwan-e-Khas, Panch Mahal and Jodha Bai’s Palace. Soaking in all the Mughal essence, we head to our last but not the least city of the triangle – Jaipur! Upon arrival in Jaipur, calm your soul and experience leisure for the rest of the time.
Overnight at Jaipur
- Day 5 : Jaipur – the ‘Pink City’ of India and an epitome of royal heritage, it’s time you experience its vibrant culture! You may wander about and get to know – Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, City Palace Complex and Amber Fort. Evening can be enjoyed by shopping at Nehru Bazaar, famous for the traditional Rajasthani multicoloured Jootis. Another shopping spot may include Johari Bazaar, known for handmade jewellery with precious gemstones.
Overnight at Jaipur
- Day 6 : It’s time to head back to the hometown! The trip concludes.
About the Attractions in Golden Triangle
The major intriguing factor about the Golden Triangle is its classic Indian aura. Where Delhi and Agra represent the Mughal heritage, Jaipur reveals its royalty about the Maharajas.
DELHI offers places such as India Gate – an iconic war memorial, Rashtrapati Bhavan – the official home of the president of India, Lotus Temple – Bahai House of Worship known for its flower-like shape, Qutub Minar – a historical monument as well as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Jama Masjid – India’s second largest mosque.
AGRA represents entirely exotic Mughal attractions such as Taj Mahal – one of the worlds’ best kept wonders and Agra Fort – the dynamic fortress.
FATEHPUR SIKRI , a capital founded by the emperor Akbar includes Jama Mosque – where the emperor put his insights personally, Tomb of Salim Chisti – burial place of Sufi saint named Salim Chisti and a refinery example of Islamic architecture in India, Diwan-e-Khas – a squared structure having intricate cenotaphs at the top, Panch Mahal – a distinctively constructed five-storeyed building with a cenotaph atop, and Jodha Bai’s Palace – an elegant courtyard-palace especially built for Rani Jodha Bai having a melange of Hindu and Islamic architecture.
JAIPUR retreats with Hawa Mahal – known for its extraordinary architectural feature that used to make the air pass through resulting in making the area cooler during the summer times, Jantar Mantar – an astronomical observatory and also a UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring world’s largest stone sundial, Jal Mahal – a lake palace constructed in the middle of Man Sagar lake and built in Rajput style of architecture, City Palace Complex – a former seat of Maharaja of Jaipur which now also consists of a museum and Amber Fort – located on a hill and a major tourist attraction in Jaipur known for its artistic architectural elements and cobbled path.
Important Distances (By Road)
- Delhi – Agra : 215 km / Approximately 3 hrs 30 minutes
- Agra – Fatehpur Sikri : 36 km / Approximately 1 hr
- Fatehpur Sikri – Jaipur : 207 km / Approximately 3 hrs 30 minutes
Best recommended season to visit the Golden Triangle would be during the months of November to February to enjoy the trip along with the soothing winter breeze